Varicose veins are caused by the weakened valves in the leg veins. They look bulging, swollen, and visible on the skin surface. The colour of the varicose veins varies based on its duration from light-purple colour to slight navy blue, it has been observed in the dark as well as the original colour. Along with the pain occurred due to varicose veins, other ailments such as skin ulcers and skin peeling get developed too.
The Best Treatment for Varicose Veins
The ways to treat varicose veins have been significantly changed from the last decade instead of using vein stripping, where a problem vein has to be removed by giving anaesthesia or incisions, there are a lot of minimally invasive options available. Even the most problem vein irrespective of its size, smallest or most extensive, is being treated with or without surgery. The advanced techniques include glue, heat, or injecting a solution into the veins. These procedures are not only less painful but also treat the patient in minimal time.
Though varicose veins seem to be similar in everyone, the treatment for this problem can be personalized based on vein problem. In some cases, a single treatment option is enough for a person, whereas in other cases, treating varicose veins involves a combination of procedures.
Let’s discuss some options available to treat varicose veins
- Compression Therapy : it is one of the most traditional methods that people suffering from varicose veins have been facing for a long time. Compression stockings apply pressure to the specific parts of the leg to reduce swelling and discomfort without any other medication.
- Endovenous Ablation : This technique uses heat to cauterize the varicose veins and change the blood flow to healthy veins. It uses heat either as laser energy or radio-frequency.
- Sclerotherapy : In this therapy, a small needle is used to directly inject a medicated solution in the varicose veins to collapse them by contracting. This is one of the fastest ways to treat faulty veins, and patients can continue with their regular routine within 24 hours.
- VenaSeal : This treatment doesn’t involve heat as it is similar to the medical adhesive. It can be a feasible option for the patients whose varicose veins are near the surface of the skin
- Microphlebectomy : It is also a minimally invasive technique that puts tiny cuts in the skin to remove varicose veins. These incisions are small and didn’t need any stitches or external treatment. It can be done through local anaesthesia. This is one of the best ways to treat bulging and large veins. Even after the complete treatment, people can return to their routine and walk comfortably by wearing compression stockings.
As we discussed some surgical treatment for varicose veins, now have a quick look at how Ayurveda has been treating the same problem for a long time without any surgery.
Useful Herbs to Cure Varicose Veins
- Bacopa monnieri – Brahmi : Being one of the oldest and ancient Indian herbs, Brahmi is considered as an effective medicine to treat varicose veins. It heals the swollen and affected veins by providing the required nutrients to the body. Brahmi for varicose veins treatment is taken with mineral supplements such as Jasad bhasma.
- Zingiber officinale – Ginger : Apart from being a crucial ingredient in Indian kitchens, ginger has healing properties and other medical benefits. Ginger breaks down the protein and distributes it evenly in the body, helps in increasing the supply of protein to the lower limbs, minimizing the chances of varicose veins.
- Allium sativum – Garlic : Like ginger, garlic also helps in breaking down the proteins in our body and distribute it, avoiding varicose veins from happening in the first place.
- Allium cepa – Onion : Onion has many medical advantages, including providing inner strength to the body. It has been noticed that having an onion every day can treat varicose veins without any medication or surgery.
Diet for Treating Varicose Veins
If your body is lacking in nutrients, then it can affect your skin and make it lose. It can lead to varicose veins. In order to avoid varicose veins, people should take care of their diet and pour it with natural and essential nutrients. Below mentioned are some tips that can help you start with changing your daily diet a bit and prevent varicose veins from increasing or occurring in the first place.
- The primary source of nutrients such as vitamins, carbohydrates, and fats are fresh fruits and vegetables. Include those food items in your diet that are rich in Vitamin C such as lemon, orange, and other citrus foods.
- Include whole grains in your diet, such as millet and wheat.
- It is necessary to have a diet that is rich in protein. You can include meat, egg, milk, and other protein-rich food. You should also include fish in your diet as it is considered as the richest source of protein.
- As discussed above, include those items that can work on protein and help it distributed in the body such as ginger, garlic, and pineapple.
- Include fresh vegetable juices in your diet. A combination of spinach and carrot juice will work wonders for your body and fulfil the need for vitamins in the leg and other required body parts.
Home Remedies to Treat Varicose Veins
Varicose veins have become a common problem among people, irrespective of their age, gender, and body type. But not everyone has to go through surgery to treat it. There are specific ways through which varicose veins can be treated at home:
- You can try applying a mudpack on your leg and wash it off after 7 hours. Best time for this therapy is night.
- Avoid wearing tight jeans and stockings at night
- Apply Vitamin-E rich oil on the affected areas.
Dr. Abhilash Sandhyala is one of the best vascular surgeons in Hyderabad. He is a well-known specialist for varicose veins. He has successfully treated varicose veins for more than 5,000 patients. He has been performing the EVLT procedure for the past four years with excellent results.
You can visit Flow Vascular clinic at H.No: 2-22-298/2/A, Sree Krishna Diagnostic Center Building, 2nd Floor, Beside Kalamandir, KPHB Main Road, Kukatpally, Hyderabad. You can also book an appointment on https://www.drabhilash.com/book-an-appointment/ or call on (+91) 99896 49498, 99590 33037.
Visit https://www.drabhilash.com/ to know more about the treatment options for varicose veins.